April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: CB2-Inspired Guest Room and Office

Side view of the house, showing the solar panels (over the master bedroom
wing).  The second story bedrooms are on this side of the house.
(from Green Building Advisor)

Are you ready for one more trip to our Serenbe house?


This week I put together CB2-inspired style boards for the two rooms on the second floor of the house.  The second floor has two guest bedrooms which share a full bathroom.  We had a wall of bookshelves built into one of the rooms so that my husband could use it as an office (for some reason I do not have a picture of this room, but it is similar in size to the room shown above).

First up is the style board for the room we would use as an office.  Since this would be my husband's space, I kept the color scheme subdued, which is his preference (although I did have to add some fun art just to keep things interesting):

Clockwise from top left: SAIC Little Wave Desk; Calypso Table Lamp; TPS Carbon 2-Drawer Filing Cabinet; Trio Floor Lamp; Charred Puzzle Table-Stool; Suitor Chair in Hanson Sapphire; Rouka Office Chair; Center: Playful Visionary Print; Center background: Jersey Cummulus Indigo Rug.

Having done the office in mostly cool colors, I decided to pick warmer colors for the guest bedroom:

Clockwise from top left: Alchemy Bronze Bed; Vail Graphite Velvet Bedding; Graph Percale Sheet Set; Acacia Wood 40" Mirror; Junction Low Dresser; 1938 Tobacco Leather Butterfly Chair; Carpenter Bright Orange Lamp; SAIC Sling Nightstand-Side Table; Center: Dhurrie Stripe Wall Hanging; Center background: Granada Rug.

My husband and I have always loved butterfly chairs, so I included the leather version from CB2 in the guest bedroom, even though I think a simpler chair would probably be more practical!

🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡

This concludes my CB2-inspired flight of interior design fancy for our Serenbe cottage.  I had a lot of fun with this, and almost wish the house had more rooms to furnish, although that would have defeated the purpose of downsizing for retirement which is why we originally bought the home.  Besides, as I mentioned in the first of this series of posts, we will probably never need to completely furnish the house.  Maybe if I win a lottery or inherit an unexpected fortune (both extremely unlikely as I never play the lottery and don't know any eccentric billionaires), I can indulge myself and decorate this cottage to my heart's content, even if we never get to live there!

From Red Tricycle.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment