March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Foodie Fridays: Cucumber, Pea, and Avocado Salad


I have been eating a lot of salads lately thanks to the long stretch of incredibly hot weather we have been having this summer.  Salads are great for my goal of cutting out refined sugars and starches from my diet, and I can see an improvement in my health already.  My Cucumber, Pea, and Avocado Salad is loosely based on the recipe for Refreshing Salad I posted a few weeks ago.  Served over a bed of greens, with a scoop of cottage cheese on the side, it makes a perfect lunch or light supper.  For me, this recipe is a keeper!

Cucumber, Pea, and Avocado Salad

1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
2 C. frozen peas, thawed
1 bell pepper (any color), diced
2 oz. Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
zest from one lemon
Lemon-Dill Dressing (see below)
1 avocado, diced

Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl.  Toss with the dressing.  Chill until ready to serve.  Just before serving, stir in the diced avocado.  Serves 4.

Lemon-Dill Dressing: Whisk together the juice of one lemon, 3 T. olive oil, 1 T. minced parsley, 1 tsp. minced dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment