Sunday, April 26, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #15

Madison on the left, Ruby on the right.

My only reason to go into town last week was to take our dog Madison to the vet for her annual vaccinations.  I also got the results from our older dog Ruby's biopsy, which fortunately was the best possible cancer diagnosis.  She had a soft tissue sarcoma removed, and it was a Grade 1, which means that it is highly unlikely to grow back.  We will keep an eye out for any more unusual growths, but hopefully no more will appear and if they do they will again be the least aggressive type.  To celebrate, I decided to support our closest local restaurant by ordering a pizza to go.  I will likely be ordering from them about once a week from now on to help keep them in business until the coronavirus pandemic is over, which I think will not happen until we have a vaccine so it could take a while.  Here is the outfit I wore to take Madison to the vet and to pick up my delicious pizza:

Clockwise from top left: Land's End Women's Lightweight Fitted Long Sleeve Crewneck T-Shirt in Zinnia (color modified to more closely resemble mine); Georg Jensen Sterling Silver Embossed Horse Round Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Port Authority Women's Fleece Vest in Dark Chocolate Brown (similar to mine); Hue Women's Jean Socks in Espresso (similar to mine); Sperry Women's A/O 2 Eye Boat Shoe in Dark Brown (similar to mine); Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Coffee Roast; Indie Spirit Designs Braided Leather Belt in Cognac (similar to mine).

🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🌸🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🌸🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🌸🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩

For some reason I was in a brown mood, as is obvious from my choice of outfit!  I am much more comfortable wearing brown as a neutral rather than black, so I buy brown apparel whenever I can find it.  I don't know why most people consider brown to be a color to wear only in the fall - even clothing manufacturers seem to believe this and seem to only offer brown clothes options for autumn.  This color is much more complementary to my complexion than black and I prefer warmer hues to cooler ones, so I wear brown all year round.  A petal pink top adds a touch of spring to the above outfit, and a favorite simple silver horse pendant necklace I bought here in Santa Fe a couple of years ago continues my goal of wearing more of my jewelry collection this year.


We are in for some really warm weather this week (up to 90 degrees by Friday!), and this is my week for grocery shopping, so I am looking forward to wearing some truly springlike apparel when I go into town!  I hope nice weather is headed your way soon as well.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment