Sunday, April 12, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #13

El Santuario de Chimayo, a popular New Mexico Easter destination
under normal circumstances (image from I Love Santa Fe Homes).

Happy Easter, everyone!  We had some unusually warm weather last week, so for my now semi-monthly trip into town I wore a slightly lightened-up outfit which included vibrant pink and a lightweight cotton vest that I have owned for years but never wore in Georgia for some reason.  Even though we are in for a cold spell over the next few days, I will resist wearing any apparel that makes me think of winter.  If I have to wear layers they will only be in springlike colors!  My necklace of the week is one I made myself many years ago from dark brown carved wooden animal beads:

The animal beads represent horses, bears, coyotes, armadillos,
frogs, and a fish in carved stone.

I am not usually someone who enjoys craft projects, but every once in a while I surprise even myself and take up a task that I normally would not ever consider!  Actually, jewelry-making might be a good project to work on right now since I am forced to be home for days on end anyway.  But enough of that topic - let's take a look at my outfit of the week:

Clockwise from top left: Hanes Women's V-Neck Long Sleeve Tee in Sizzling Pink (similar to my long sleeve mock neck top, which is no longer available in this color); HOT COTTON Leopard Print Vest (similar to mine); Carved Wood African Animal Bead Necklace (similar to mine); No Nonsense Women's Flat Knit Crew Socks in Denim Blue; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust (similar to mine);  L.L. Bean Relaxed Fit Double L Jeans in Stonewashed (similar to mine); H&M Leather Belt in Dark Brown.

🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞🌸🐝🌞

I hope you are all able to celebrate the spring holidays safely in some way.  I have to go into town next week even though it will be sooner than usual because my dog Ruby is going in for surgery - she is having a mass removed from her leg and we are hoping that it is not malignant.  It will be biopsied after removal, so we will know the following week.  Wish Ruby luck, and take care out there!

Ruby as the Easter Bunny in 2015 (I promised her she would never have to
pose again, but I never said I would not repost this image - sorry girl!).
           

No comments:

Post a Comment