Sunday, April 5, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #12

Signs of spring are very subtle here in New Mexico, but they are
beginning to make an appearance!

Milder spring temperatures are slowly but surely making their way to our part of New Mexico, which means that I am wearing fewer layers when I dress for any trips into town.  I am cutting back my shopping for essentials to just once every two weeks, so my only trip into town last week was to the post office.  Nevertheless, I still wanted to look halfway decent, so I included one of my many necklaces as an accessory, even though I was the only one who got to see it!  My necklace for the week is one I bought a few years ago at a silent auction fundraiser for the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, an event which my husband and I attended every year to help support this beautiful horticultural treasure:


I wore this accessory with a casual outfit of black mock-neck long-sleeve tee and faded denim jeans. Many women prefer dark wash jeans, but I consider my color combination a classic and actually do not care for very dark blue jeans (this shade is too close to navy, which does not flatter my coloring).  The addition of the color turquoise may be unexpected, but I just could not resist this bright note to celebrate spring!  Here is the outfit I wore:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Interlock Mock-Turtleneck in Black (similar to mine, which is no longer available in black); Elizabeth Locke 31" 19kt Yellow Gold Turquoise Bead and Small Link Necklace (no longer available, similar to my much less expensive necklace); L.L. Bean Women's Trail Model Fleece Vest in Teal Green Heather (no longer available); MediPEDS Crew Socks in Black; Dr. Scholl's Women's Wide Width Marci Gel-Pac Zippered Loafers in Black (no longer available); AGOLDE Mid Rise Loose Fit Jeans in Affair (similar to mine); Madewell Braided Leather Belt in Black (similar to mine).

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠

Once the COVID-19 pandemic is under control I hope to visit the Santa Fe Botanical Garden, which is currently closed, and hopefully my husband and I can help to support this public garden as well.  In the meantime, I will be enjoying nature closer to home, and I hope all of you out there get opportunities to do the same.  Take care, everyone!

From Santa Fe Botanical Garden
             

No comments:

Post a Comment