May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Thursday, April 16, 2020

This 'n That Thursdays: Quarantine Baking Fails

From Handle the Heat

With so many of us under orders to shelter in place, it is no wonder that we are all looking for creative ways to spend our extended time at home.  One of the most popular pastimes turns out to be baking (just try finding a packet of yeast at your local supermarket!).  Personally, I love to bake but since I am on my own and trying to stick to a low-carb diet I have mostly resisted the urge to bake.  Apparently there are a number of people out there who should have done the same, as shown by the number of epic baking fails posted online recently!  Just take a look at some of these amazing results (and their accompanying hilarious comments) from Bored Panda:









Egg custard pie (that lump in the middle
is supposed to be the bottom crust)

And these efforts from the Daily Mail:



Fortunately these would-be bakers approached their baking fails with good humor, and most seemed willing to try again.  I almost wish that I had attempted and failed at a baking project of my own, just so that I could have similar amusing images.  I would send them to family and friends to add a bit of fun to their day, something we could all use at the moment.  Happy baking, everyone!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment