May 4th is National Herb Day!

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wish List Wednesdays: Tasty Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and there are some really tasty treats available right now that would make fantastic gifts for your loved one.  I just ordered the Ruby Cacao Truffles ($29.99) from Harry & David, shown above.  Last year I posted some information about the introduction to the market of ruby chocolate, from a new variety of cocoa bean.  At the time none of the products were available in the United States, but this year Harry & David is offering their Ruby Cacao Collection just in time for Valentine's Day, and I can't wait to try one of those truffles (technically I am buying them for my husband, but I am sure he will be happy to share!).

Images from Target and Candy Warehouse

My husband is quite fond of both jelly beans and cherries, so I think he will enjoy the Gimbal's Cherry Lovers candies ($2.69 at Target) that I bought for him.  These little candy hearts are so cute that we will hardly miss the Sweethearts candy conversation hearts that will not be available for this year, and that no one eats anyway (they will be back next year, though!).


Perhaps you are that rare individual who does not care for candy, or like me you must limit your sugar consumption.  If you are also a cheese lover, as I am, then Aldi has the gift for you - the Happy Farms Preferred Valentine's Day Cheese Assortment ($3.99 each for 4 different flavors).  You can choose from a heart-shaped mature cheddar, Wensleydale with raspberries and white chocolate, Wensleydale with cranberries, or a creamy cinnamon cheese with raisins and diced apple.  Or get one of each, because why not indulge for Valentine's Day?  I've been trying to avoid shopping at Aldi because I tend to impulse shop in food stores with specialty items, but I may just have to go in and check out these cheeses anyway!

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Here's hoping you find the perfect gift (food or otherwise) for your loved ones on Valentine's Day!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment