April 29th is International Dance Day!

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Valentine's Day Casual Weekend Wardrobe

From liming.me

I am not someone who enjoys dressing up, even for Valentine's Day.  I will do so if necessary, but really my preference is for a more casual celebration.  My idea of the perfect romantic getaway would be a trip to a rustic country inn, preferably in the mountains, where my husband and I could do a little walking and shopping in a quirky little town full of shops featuring works by local artists (my husband has bad knees so we have to limit the amount of walking we do).  Of course a good dinner is a must, but I prefer casual eateries to fine dining establishments - give me a good Mexican or Indian restaurant over expensive haute cuisine any day!

For today's post I am featuring a few new apparel items I recently purchased in a weekend getaway wardrobe that would suit me perfectly for my ideal Valentine's day trip.  A new red cardigan and brown knit corduroy pants from L.L. Bean plus a pair of inexpensive but comfortable boots form the basis for the outfit to be worn while traveling:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Pima Button-Front Cardigan in Deep Red; Eton Red Heart Motif Dial with Red Strap Watch; The North Face Jim Beanie in Sequioa Red/Brunette Brown; L.L Bean Women's Lightweight Warm-Up Jacket in Deep Red; The North Face Women's Etip Gloves in Barolo Red; Dooney & Burke Florentine Cameron Crossbody Satchel in Charcoal; Propet Women's Madison Mid Zip Boots in Espresso; L.L. Bean Women's Slim-Leg Perfect Fit Knit Cords in Black Coffee; Duluth Trading Company Women's Longtail T Long Sleeve Crew Neck Shirt in Soft Mocha Stripe.

A few more items to pack would get me through a long weekend quite easily (notice that there is a bit of a ducks and hearts theme going on here!):

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Fair Isle Signature Merino Textured Crewneck Sweater in Taupe (no longer available); Novica Artisan Crafted Serene Duck Wood Pendant Necklace from Ghana; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Relaxed Fit Wrinkle-Free Pinpoint Oxford Shirt in White; L.L. Bean Women's Cotton/Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater in Deep Red; HouseofJackCo Leather Trimmed Duck Weekender Canvas Duffel Bag; Sperry for J. Crew Authentic Original 2-Eye Broken-In Boat Shoes in Rustic Brown; L.L. Bean Women's Original Fit Wrinkle-Free Bayside Pants in Dark Cement; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Interlock Turtleneck in White; Center top: Novica Petal Heart Mahogany Obsidian Heart Necklace; Center bottom: Women's Classic Oil-Tanned Genuine Leather Casual Jean Belt in Brown with Silver Buckle.

The sharp-eyed among you may have noticed that the boat shoes are meant for men! I do indeed sometimes buy men's boat shoes for myself as I have found that they fit my feet better and I tend to prefer men's color options to those available for women.  I love the obsidian heart pendant necklace, but the chain is rather short so I would probably find a longer silver chain so that I could switch it out when needed.  The one item I might add to the bag would be some fun pajamas suitable for Valentine's Day, like this set from Pajamagram:

Women's Chocolate-Lover Cotton Jersey Pajamas

🌹💝💋💌🌹💝💋💌🌹💝💋💌🌹💝💋💌🌹💝💋💌🌹

Casual and fun apparel are definitely my preferences for a Valentine's Day travel wardrobe, but what if the destination requires something a bit more stylish?  Next week I will try to pull together a collection that would be appropriate for more upscale destinations.  I think this may require some real effort on my part, as I am not the type who is comfortable with this style, but I always look forward to a challenge!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment