April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: Pintail Duck 4x4 Wardrobe Shoes and Accessories


It's time to add some much needed shoes and accessories to my pintail duck 4x4 wardrobe.  For me, this is especially fun, as I get to seek out a few quirky and personalized items that would be a bit too unusual as a core piece of apparel (unless you are an especially quirky and fun-loving individual, in which case go for it!).

Let's start with some shoes:

Clockwise from top left: Frye Women's Carson Ballet Flats in Dark Brown; Latigo Rupee Sandal in Sand; Soft Style by Hush Puppies Women's Comfort Dress Pumps Angel II in Brown; Clarks Kearns Blush Ankle Boot in Brown Leather.

Basic ballet flats, some sensible-heeled boots, and then a couple of unusual shoes, one casual and one dressy, should cover most bases footwise.

Clockwise from top left: SHARO Genuine Leather Cross Body Bag in Brown; Metallic Paisley Pashmina Scarf in Brown; Mossimo Supply Co. Mini Crochet Crossbody Handbag in White; Nordstrom Spliced Print Cashmere & Silk Scarf in Ivory Combo.

Two print scarves which coordinate with most of the wardrobe, a simple brown leather purse for cool weather, and a more casual cream-colored purse with crochet detail for warm seasons take care of all-season needs.

Clockwise from top left: Novica Beaded Lapis Lazuli Necklace 'Azure Garland'; Artful Home Parallel Weave Cuff Bracelet in Bronze; David Morgan Dungeness Crab Pendant by Cavin Richie; DaVonna Chocolate Freshwater Pearl Strand Necklace.

Finally I get to choose some fun jewelry!  The bead necklaces are pretty simple and versatile, and the bracelet has a simple but unusual shape, but the crab pendant was selected just to suit my oddball tastes!

Clockwise from top left: UGG Fierce Slip-on Shoes in Peacoat Suede; Giddy Up Cuff in Off White; Keds Women's Glimmer Boat Shoes in Bronze; Pale Blue Silk Scarf from Afghanistan.

I decided to round out my shoe selections with some loafers and boat shoes, as I find both very comfortable, and I added a basic solid-colored scarf for its versatility, but once again the horse cuff bracelet appeals to my specific interests.


Now if I really wanted to emphasize the duck inspiration that started this whole series of posts, I would have to acquire at least one bag from Dooney & Bourke, because after all one of their logos is a duck!  Unfortunately, the perfect bag recently sold on eBay, in a style that is no longer available:


However, there are quite a few selections which, while less obvious with the duck theme, would still add a touch of anatid interest:

Top: Dooney & Bourke Florentine Mini Satchel in Brown T Moro; Dooney & Bourke Florentine Continental Clutch in Brown T Moro.

If I were a real duck fanatic, I suppose I could add this over-the-top crossbody bag to my collection:

Dooney & Bourke All Weather Leather 2 Duck Bag in Brown T Moro.

And so ends my journey into the world of fashion for the month of March!  Or does it?  Wait, here is one more 4x4 collection that would add some sophistication to the wardrobe for very formal occasions when grand style is a necessity (although those sorts of occasions are extremely rare for me, as someone whose wardrobe mostly consists of barn clothes and running-errands-in-town clothes):

Left: Coldwater Creek Sparkling Lace Jacket Dress by Alex Evenings in Champagne; Right, top to bottom: J. Furmani Satin Clutch with Rhinestone Clasp in Champagne; 7.17ctw Champagne Diamond Bracelet; Relax by Heavenly Comfort Leather Pumps in Champagne.

I would never, ever spend over $5,000 on a bracelet, even though the one shown is a beauty, but it is fun to pretend that money is no object!

Okay, now my fashion month is finished, and it is time to move on to other topics for the month of April.  I don't know how the creator of The Vivienne Files does this six days a week, because it is a lot of work, but I am glad she does so that I can enjoy the results of her endeavors rather than do this research myself!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment