April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: Pintail Duck 4x4 Wardrobe Expanded for Summer


Last week I put together a 16-piece capsule wardrobe using a technique from The Vivienne Files.  This week I wanted to expand on that idea.  Another apparel plan described on The Vivienne Files site is called "Project 333", which builds upon the idea that one only needs 33 items of clothing per season.  The original plan included shoes and accessories in this number, but The Vivienne Files creator only includes apparel.

I like the thought of organizing a wardrobe in this way, but I really don't see the need for four seasons' worth of clothes.  I decided that the transitional capsule wardrobe I put together last week would work for spring as well as fall, and all that was needed was the addition of more apparel for hot summer days and cold winter ones.  I organized two more 4x4 wardrobes with these needs in mind.  Of course, one of these options combined with last week's 16 items only adds up to 32, so I added two more options for each so that the desired number of 33 could be attained (or 34, if you are contrary like me and would rather not have to choose one over the other).  Let's start with summer, and see what you think!

Moving into summer:

Clockwise from top left: The Paragon Classic Cotton V-Neck Tee in White; Pendleton Cotton Rib Tank in Steel Blue; L.L. Bean Twill Cropped Easy Stretch Pants in Whalebone; Cabela's Women's Cascade Canyon 7" Hiker Shorts in Chestnut.

I started by adding four more basic items that would work well with just about every piece in the capsule wardrobe.  When I find basic clothing that I like I tend to buy multiples in different colors, as you will see from some of today's selections.

Clockwise from top left: Mary's Tack & Feed Laurel Burch Moroccan Mares TeeMayKool Cute Dog Print Lapel Sleeveless ShirtSTYLEBOP DKNY Wool Pants in Nude; Coldwater Creek Knit Denim Straight Leg Jeans in Bitter Chocolate Wash.

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I really don't like to take fashion too seriously, so this next group of four allows me to have a little fun!  Animal lover that I am, I just had to include the horse and dog print tops to add some of my personality to the mix.

Clockwise from top left: ModCloth Infinite Options Top in TileL.L. Bean Women's Three-Quarter Length Sleeve V-Neck Tee in White; Coldwater Creek Artful Impressions Mesh Knit Skirt in Sand; L.L. Bean Twill Cropped Easy Stretch Pants in Khaki.

Lightweight cropped pants and skirt add to the warm weather options in this set, plus two tops, one for a warm day and the other for a cool evening.

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Short Sleeve Crewneck Stripe Saturday T-Shirt in Sky Blue Heather/White; The Outnet L'Agence Larice Printed Silk Top in Cream; The Outnet Equipment Lyle Printed Washed-Silk Top in Sky Blue; The Paragon Classic Crochet Dress.

A few more fun pieces to satisfy my need for something a little different: one casual shirt, two nature-inspired silk ones, and a casual crochet dress that I think is lovely!


Put everything together and you have a second 4x4 wardrobe to move the 4x4 transitional wardrobe into summer!

Left: Mind Your Cone Business Blazer; Right: Old Pueblo Traders Printed Knit Floral Tee in Blue Caribbean Print.


And finally, the two optional pieces for warmer weather that I would add are the amusing summery jacket from yesterday's post and a casual shirt inspired by the Caribbean.

Next week, although I hate to rush summer along so quickly, I will present the winter 4x4 wardrobe!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment