April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Foodie Fridays: White Chip Orange Dream Cookies

By tampabay.com

Since I introduced cookie baker extraordinaire Hannah Swensen in my Mystery Mondays comment this week, I decided to post one of my favorite cookie recipes today.  I am a cookie addict and citrus is one of my favorite flavors, so for me this recipe is perfect.  There are chocolate connoisseurs who look down on white chocolate as not being the real thing -- I am not one of them.  I love white chocolate and don't care who knows it!  I did not come up with the name, but these cookies really are a dream, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

White Chip Orange Dream Cookies

2 1/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
2-3 tsp. grated orange peel
2 C. white chocolate chips

Combine first 3 ingredients.  In large bowl, cream butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and peel.  Stir in flour mixture.  Add chips.  Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown.  Let stand 2 minutes, then remove from sheets and cool on racks.  Makes 3 dozen.

Note: This recipe can be found in the Hannah Swensen novel called Plum Pudding Murder under the name of "Orange Julius Cookies"!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment