April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wish List Wednesdays: From Classy, Colorful Club Chair to Kaleidoscope-of-Color Bedroom


I saw these "pool"-colored club chairs recently in a CB2 catalog, and now I just can't stop thinking about them!  The color is spectacular, and the style is simple and elegant but comfortable.  I am not usually attracted to blue, but I could definitely see having a pair of these in my home!  In fact, this club chair inspired me to create a design board for a veritable kaleidoscope-of-color bedroom:

Clockwise from top left: Pointillism quilt and Dots embroidered bedding from Company C; 3 over 4 night stand from E4 Architects; Brushstroke Multi rug, Squiggle pillow, Checkerboard Sunflower pillow, and Jubilee Stripe Periwinkle pillow from Company C; Copper Kettledrum table from Gump's; 3 over 4 dresser from E4 Architects; "Autumn Leaves Bed" by Brian Reid from Artful Home

With all of the colorful accessories chosen, I have a decision to make -- should I play it safe and go with creamy white walls?  Or should I go bold?  If I decide to go bold, I would paint the wall behind the bed in a blue shade similar to that of the chairs, while the other three walls would get a vivid orange:

From left: Benjamin Moore Simply White; Sherwin Williams Hyper Blue from Coastal Living; Sydney Harbour Paint Company Blood Orange from House Beautiful
Weathermate Stripe Thermalogic Room
Darkening Grommet Panels

Decisions, decisions -- luckily, in the virtual world I can have fun imagining both!  In any case, these insulated curtain panels in a subtle blue stripe from Touch of Class would be the perfect window treatment, and provide a little relief from all of the saturated color.


Add some beautiful lamps and artwork and this bedroom would be complete.  Who would have thought that a blue club chair could be so inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment