May 4th is National Herb Day!

Friday, December 31, 2021

Foodie Fridays: Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken

One of my favorite sources for interesting recipes is the Half Baked Harvest website.  I have tried several that I have posted here on my blog, and have many more bookmarked to try in the future.  One recipe that I made a recently is Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken, and once again I was not disappointed.  The recipe is pretty easy to make and quite a satisfying meal for a cold day.  As usual I made some minor changes based on what I had available.  I also prepared the chicken by tossing it with all of the coating ingredients in a large plastic bag, which is a quick and less messy way to combine everything.  Be careful not to overcook the chicken when browning (as I did) or it will become a bit dry.  Otherwise the recipe turned out quite well, and is one I will be making again.  I highly recommend checking out the website for even more great recipes!

Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken

1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used chicken tenders)
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 C. flour
4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped (I used precooked chicken bacon)
1 small onion, diced
2 T. butter
2 C. frozen corn, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 C. water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Place the chicken in a large plastic bag.  Add 1 T. olive oil, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Massage the chicken and spices together in the bag until the chicken is well coated.  Add the flour and toss with the chicken until the latter is well coated.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  If using chicken bacon, add the remaining olive oil to the pan and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.

Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.  Add the remaining olive oil to the pan now if you used regular bacon.  Add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.  Add the butter, corn, garlic, and cayenne. Cook another 5 minutes or until the corn is golden.

Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and water.  Add the chicken back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.  Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.  Stir in the cream and Parmesan and cook a few minutes more until warmed through.  Remove from the heat and stir in the bacon.  Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment