May 4th is National Herb Day!

Friday, December 3, 2021

Foodie Fridays: Spicy Lemon Butter Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Corn

The Half Baked Harvest website is always a good place to find great recipes, and this one for Spicy Lemon Butter Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Corn is a great example.  I modified the recipe slightly to suit our tastes, and to compensate for the fact that I did not have white wine or fresh corn, thyme, or chives.  The addition of corn makes this dish a tasty variation on shrimp scampi, and my husband and I both loved it.  We highly recommend that you give this recipe a try!

Spicy Lemon Butter Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Corn

16 oz. pasta (I used whole wheat farfalle)
1/2 C. butter (I used Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks w/Almond Oil)
1 shallot, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 C. frozen corn, thawed
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt to taste (I used 1/2 tsp.)
24-32 oz. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup dry white wine (I used water)
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 C. basil pesto (I used store-bought)
4 T. sliced scallions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.

While the pasta cooks, melt together the butter, shallot, and garlic.  Cook 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the corn, basil, chili powder, and cayenne.  Season with salt to taste.  Cook until the butter begins to brown around the corn, about 3-4 minutes.

Stir in the shrimp, tossing with the butter.  Pour in the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.  Cook until the shrimp is pink, 4-5 minutes.  Remove from the heat and stir in the pesto and chives.  Drain the cooked pasta and combine thoroughly with the sauce.  Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment