May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wish List Wednesdays: Two Good Reads for the Holidays

Our holidays are particularly chaotic this year as we continue to unpack our moving boxes, but I still try to find a little time to relax with a good book when I can.  Currently I am reading two short story anthologies as I find it easier to quickly read one story at a time whenever I can fit in a short reading break.  I am really enjoying The Christmas Card Crime and Other Stories ($14.99 on Amazon) edited by Martin Edwards, which is one of his British Library Crime Classics featuring holiday-themed short stories written during the Golden Age of detective fiction.  If you are a fan of short mystery fiction, check out the other Martin Edwards anthologies here.

The other anthology I will be reading for the holidays this year is The Penguin Book of Christmas Stories: From Hans Christian Andersen to Angela Carter ($13.56 on Amazon), which is one of the Penguin Classics Hardcover books.  All of the stories have a Christmas theme, but the genres range from fairy tales to ghost stories, so this should be a fascinating read.  I intend to start this one on Christmas day, which I plan to spend quietly, doing as little work as possible and only engaging in cozy and enjoyable activities.  I hope your holiday plans include only fun activities as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment