May 9th is National Butterscotch Brownie Day!

Thursday, December 23, 2021

This 'n That Thursdays: Gingerbread Treats for Christmas

Image from Brand Eating

While pumpkin spice may be a favorite for many, I am much more a fan of gingerbread spice, mostly because I love the combination of lots of ginger with cinnamon.  I am always on the lookout for gingerbread-flavored treats for Christmas, and this year I found several.  I recently purchased the OREO Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies shown above online as I was unable to find any locally.  I have yet to try them, but how bad could an Oreo cookie be, especially one flavored with my favorite spices?

Image from Hersheyland

I did manage to find a bag of KITKAT Gingerbread Cookie Miniatures Candy Bars a couple of weeks ago, and I am glad I got them when I did because they are all gone now!  The gingerbread flavor is subtle and they are a bit too sweet, but I liked them well enough for the holiday season that I would buy them again for Christmas next year.

Image from Amazon

I think my favorite gingerbread-flavored find this year is Twinings Gingerbread Joy, a black tea perfectly spiced with ginger and cinnamon that tastes and smells remarkably like gingerbread.  This is another product that I was lucky to find locally, as it is sold out here now.  I loved this tea so much that when I first tried it I had two cups in one day, something I never do!  I hope Twinings keeps making this tea every year for the holidays (I would even buy it at any time of the year).

If you love gingerbread as much as I do, you might want to give these products a try - if you can find them!  The only item I have had a hard time finding here is really good gingerbread man cookies, which are my husband's favorite.  I wish I had the time to bake them, but we are just too busy unpacking right now - maybe next year, if we are finally done unpacking by Christmas 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment