Sunday, February 21, 2021

Weekend Wardrobe: 2021 Outfit of the Week #7


This necklace, yet another gift from my husband, is the one I wore for my essentials shopping trip.

Like most of the nation last week, we suffered through extremely cold temperatures, blustery winds, and significant snowfall (the latter much needed here in New Mexico).  We also lost power for about six hours on the first day of the storm, but luckily our electric company had it working again before our house got too cold.  By the end of the week the storm was over, temperatures were milder, and I was able to get to town for my essentials shopping trip.  The weather was still chilly and there was snow on the ground, so I dressed appropriately:

Clockwise from top left: Polo Ralph Lauren Women's Cable Knit V-Neck Sweater in Natural (color modified to more closely resemble my similar sweater); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Jacket in Warm Ginger (no longer available - similar to my much less expensive version (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); EMEM Apparel Women's Crew Socks in Brown; Propet Women's Madison Mid Zip Boots in Espresso (no longer available); Gloria Vanderbilt Women's Amanda Jeans in Coffee Roast; St. John's Bay Women's Mock Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Ivory; Center: Multi-Strand Tan and White Bead Necklace (similar to mine).

The next day I took my dog Ruby in for her second laser therapy treatment for arthritis, which does seem to do her some good.  Here is the outfit I wore for this quick trip into town:

Clockwise from top left: Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Red (no longer available); Vintage African Carved Animal Necklace (similar to mine); Craghoppers Women's Venta Lite Hooded Jacket in Warm Ginger (no longer available - similar to my much less expensive version (no longer available); Great American Leatherworks Braid Flap Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (color no longer available); EMEM Apparel Women's Crew Socks in Brown; Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Gloria Vanderbilt Women's Amanda Jeans in Coffee Roast; St. John's Bay Women's Mock Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Chocolate Chip.

 This is the necklace I wore when I took my dog to the vet - it is one of two that I actually made myself many years ago when I when through a brief crafty phase (the pandemic has me thinking I might want to try more crafts again!)

❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️

We are in for warmer weather this week, thank goodness, although winter is not over yet in this part of the nation so I am sure we will see more cold and snow again before spring arrives.  I hope everyone out there is doing well and that those who lost power and water due to the weather have them restored by now.  Take care, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment