Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wish List Wednesdays: Jigsaw Puzzle Mania!


I have had a stash of jigsaw puzzles to work on since long before the COVID-19 pandemic happened.  Unlike most people, I am not one to work on these puzzles in the winter, since I actually like cold weather and prefer to be out and about more when the temperatures drop.  Instead, I like to work on indoor projects during the height of summer when the heat forces me to remain indoors to escape hot temperatures and blazing sunshine.  We are currently experiencing that kind of weather right now, so last weekend I started on one of my jigsaw puzzles.

I just completed the 1000-Piece Tea Cups Puzzle ($26.99) shown above and thoroughly enjoyed it - in fact, I tend to get a bit obsessed and spent every spare moment working on it until it was finished, which is why I did not get my Weekend Wardrobe post done (I will post two of them this coming weekend instead, I promise!).  I like the challenge of 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles, and prefer images with lots of color and pattern as they hold my interest more and are also easier to piece together because you have more unique combinations to search for.  A 1000-piece puzzle with very little color and one simple pattern is so much harder - I would never want to work on this Funwares TP Hoarding Puzzle ($19.99) for that reason!


The next jigsaw puzzle I plan to put together is the 1000-Piece White Mountain Readers Paradise Puzzle (a bargain at $15.95 and expected back in stock on July 15th).  I have had this one for a while and am really looking forward to working on it - I think the image is just lovely!


I do have my eye on a couple of new jigsaw puzzles once I finish the ones I already own.  One that caught my eye is the quirky and cheerful 1000-Piece Kitchen Chickens Puzzle ($19.99) which is currently out of stock but expected back in by September 7th.  How could I possibly resist this fun farmhouse kitchen design?


This 1000-Piece Fur Ball (Cat in Yarn) Puzzle ($26.99) is another that appeals to me - it has lots of color and pattern, and a cute kitten as well!


And I just had to order this luscious-looking 1000-Piece Cupcakes & Saucers Puzzle ($26.95) because it looks a lot like the teacups puzzle at the top of the page, but with the addition of delectable cupcakes!


Have you been lured into jigsaw puzzle mania during the coronavirus lockdown too?  Now that I have succumbed, I just hope it does not become an all-out obsession that keeps me from getting anything else done!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment