Saturday, July 4, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #24 - Three Ways to Wear a White Tee and Shorts

This may be the only type of fireworks we see here for the 4th of July!
(from Pinterest)


Much as I prefer to limit my trips into town, my car is in need of some maintenance work so I have been forced to go into town several times in the past couple of weeks.  For all of those trips, I wore variations on a white tee and shorts combination, so I decided to combine all three into one post today.  First up is the outfit I wore when I took my car in for what was supposed to be a routine oil change (and when I found out that my car is leaking fluids in six different places so it will need to go back for repairs!):

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tee in White (color no longer available - similar here); Daniel Coriz Multi Stone and Sterling Silver Three-Strand Beaded Necklace (similar to my much less expensive version); Lands' End Women's Skinny Leather Belt in Sea Mist Blue (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Sperry Women's A/O 2 Eye Boat Shoe in Dark Brown (similar to mine); L.L. Bean Women's Wrinkle-Free Original Fit Hidden Comfort Waist 9" Bayside Shorts in Khaki (similar to mine).

The next outfit is the one I wore taking my car to the tire repair place - one of my tires has a gash on the inner side wall and I wanted to know if it was serious.  Fortunately it is only cosmetic so new tires can wait!

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tee in White (color no longer available - similar here); ArtFire Sterling Silver Baby Crab Pendant Necklace (similar to my very inexpensive version); Lands' End Women's Skinny Leather Belt in White (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Croft & Barrow Women's Boat Shoes in New Tan (no longer available); Old Navy Women's 9-Inch Inseam High-Waisted Rolled-Cuff Bermuda Jean Shorts in Carla (similar to mine).

My last outfit was worn on my usual essentials shopping trip.  It was a relief to just get back to normal with no car issues to worry about for now.

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's EveryWear Slub-Knit V-Neck Tee in White (color no longer available - similar here); Sue Runyon Designs Dark Red Three Bead Satin Cord Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Keds Clipper Women's Slip-On Shoes in Navy (similar to mine); Liz Claiborne Liz Golf Red & Blue Print Skort (similar to mine).

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I find it interesting that as the month progressed and Independence Day neared, I gradually added patriotic colors to consecutive wardrobes - the blue shorts and white belt in the second outfit to replace the turquoise, and then a red necklace, navy shoes, plus a red, white, and blue skort for the last outfit!  Fittingly, tomorrow I will describe two outfits I wore on the 3rd and 4th of July, both with full-on patriotic colors to celebrate the holiday!  Enjoy your Independence Day celebrations, whatever they may be!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment