Saturday, July 25, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #27

A busy bee enjoying a squash blossom in my garden.

You may have noticed that I did no posts two weeks ago.  The reason is that I had quite a busy week, including three trips into town - two for long overdue routine doctor appointments, and one to pick up much-needed prescription refills.  I am back to my blog now, though, and I have the three outfits I wore to town two weeks ago for this Weekend Wardrobe post!  It was a very hot week, so all of the outfits consisted of shorts and sleeveless tops.  Up first is the apparel I donned for my first doctor appointment on the Monday of that week:

Clockwise from top left: White Stag Tank Top in White with Black Dots (no longer available; similar here); Novica Sterling Silver Frog Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Croft & Barrow Women's Boat Shoes in New Tan (no longer available); Musto Women's Chino Shorts in Light Stone (similar to mine).

The necklace I wore is a short one with a tiny silver frog pendant.  The story behind this particular piece of jewelry is rather sad.  My husband has worked on a long-term ecological research project for decades now in Puerto Rico, along with many colleagues from different universities.  One of those colleagues was a well-respected female herpetologist who was studying the endemic coqui frogs of Puerto Rico.  On a visit to the island with my husband, I found this little necklace that she had accidentally left behind at the field station.  I intended to send it back to her, but sadly, we heard that she passed away not long afterward.  So I now still have her frog necklace, and I wear it as a reminder of this remarkable woman.


The very next day I had to go back into town to pick up the prescription that the doctor called in for me, as I was completely out of my medication.  This was just a quick trip, so I decided to wear comfortable sandals instead of shoes (I tend not to wear sandals if I will be doing a lot of walking, as it can be very dusty in this arid climate and my feet always get dirty):
Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's Slim-Fit Crew-Neck Tank Top in Matcha Green (color modified to more closely resemble my similar top); TheArtShaman Zuni Horse Fetish Pendant Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Easy Spirit Willow Slingback Sandals in Tan (no longer available); Musto Women's Chino Shorts in Light Stone (similar to mine).

This time I wore a fun horse fetish pendant necklace that my husband gave me years ago.  I also try not to wear longer necklaces when I have many errands to run as they tend to swing around too much and get in my way, but for this short trip it was not a problem.


My last trip into town combined a second doctor appointment with a few errands, since this doctor's office was a little farther than I normally travel for shopping and I took the opportunity to stop into some stores I normally do not visit.

Clockwise from top left: BCG Women's Athletic Sleeveless Polo Shirt in White; MosaicHeartJewelry Copper Dragonfly Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Dockers Vargas Boat Shoes in Rust; Natural Reflections Canvas Cargo Shorts for Ladies in Dusty Olive (similar to mine).

I wore a short antique copper dragonfly pendant necklace this time, which I found in a little shop in our Georgia home town.  It is one of my favorites, as I am fond of dragonflies and the warm color of copper.


🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Tomorrow I have another Weekend Wardrobe post of the outfit I wore for my essentials shopping trip this past week.  Once again I wore shorts, but our weather is starting to cool down now as monsoon season has finally arrived in New Mexico, so shorts season may be over soon here.  If you are still suffering through excessive heat, I hope some relief from the heat will head your way soon!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment