Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wish List Wednesdays: Fun Finds at Victorian Trading Company


I am becoming alarmed at the number of my favorite shopping sites that are either about to disappear or are struggling to stay in business.  The impending closure of Pier 1 is quite devastating, as they were my best-loved source of tableware (their website has announced July 25th as the last day for purchases, so check them out quickly).  Just a couple of days ago my preferred clothing site, Coldwater Creek, announced that they will be shutting down, possibly permanently, as well (everything is 70% off on their website now, with no returns or exchanges, and items are going quickly).  I do not even want to know which of my other favorite sites are in danger, but I am afraid I will be finding out sooner rather than later. 😢😢😢

I really feel the need to support as many of my favorite companies as I can, so I recently checked out the Victorian Trading Company and found a couple of items to purchase.  In case you are unfamiliar with this company, they offer unique and unusual wares with a more or less Victorian feel.  While I am not especially a fan of the Victorian look, this site has such a wide range of items that I often find things I cannot get anywhere else.  The Cat Library Puzzle ($19.95) shown above has sold out on many other websites, but is still available from the Victorian Trading Company, so I snatched it up.  I have a feeling that the Covid-19 pandemic will be around for a while, and I can never have too many jigsaw puzzles to keep me occupied while I shelter in place!


Autumn will be here before you know it, and as the weather cools down I will be enjoying more cups of tea.  The Elmwood Inn Bourbon Black Tea ($14.95) sounds like a wonderful fall flavor to savor on a cool day, doesn't it?  I love finding new tea flavors to try, and a touch of bourbon seems quite intriguing!

Check out the Victorian Trading Company site if you have a little time to browse and you too may find a few items that tickle your fancy.  Or pay a visit to other favorite shopping sites and lend them your support if possible.  This trend of business closures will most likely only get worse as the pandemic continues, so I intend to do what I can to try to help keep companies going.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment