May 7th is National Teacher Day!

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #26

A zucchini plant flowering very early in the morning to beat the heat.

Last Friday was my essentials shopping day.  It was also one of the hottest days of the year, getting up to 100 degrees.  Dressing for running errands on such a hot day led to the choice of very lightweight denim shorts with a loose and comfortable sleeveless blouse.

From Poshmark

The peplum-style top is loosely fitted on the top half but flared and fluttery at the bottom, which allows air to circulate around the waist but keeps the blouse in place above.  (The image above shows this shirt tied at the waist - personally, I do not care for this look, and tying the bottom would have defeated the purpose of keeping the blouse loose and fluttery.)  Despite the heat, I was never overheated in this ensemble:

Clockwise from top left: BeachLunchLounge Sleeveless Top in Navy Star Print; BrokiAccessories Extra Long Crochet Seed Bead Necklace in Blue and White Graphic; Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Sperry Lounge Away Poplin Sneaker in Taupe (color modified to more closely resemble my similar shoe); Express Women's Super High Waisted Cinched Paperbag Jean Shorts in Light Wash (similar to mine).

I wore a long crochet bead rope necklace similar to the one described above, tied into a loop at the bottom to shorten it a bit.  This necklace was yet another gift from my husband!  The colors of my necklace are white, orange, and navy:



🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞🔆🌞

Tomorrow I have a long-postponed doctor appointment, and I will run a few more errands as well.  Once again the temperature will soar to 100 degrees, so I will be selecting another lightweight outfit to beat the heat, which I will share next time.  Stay cool, stay safe, and have a great week!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment