Sunday, July 5, 2020

Weekend Wardrobe: 2020 Outfit of the Week #25 - Wearing Patriotic Colors

One of my garden pots, filled with an abundance of basil plus some spearmint and sweet potato vine.

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day weekend.  It was pretty quiet around here - a few firecrackers were set off by neighbors, but not many, and we did have a thunderstorm in the late afternoon bringing us much needed rain.  My holiday treat to myself was to start my next jigsaw puzzle, and I had an enjoyable time working on it.  I harvested some of the plentiful basil shown above that I planted earlier in the spring and made a simple Caprese salad for dinner, which was perfect for a hot summer day.  I also wore patriotic colors on both the 3rd and 4th of July, and those are the outfits featured today.

The first outfit is one I wore for a quick trip to town on Friday to the post office and then the gas station for gas to fill my lawn mower.  Even though the tasks were mundane, I still felt the need to break out the red, white, and blue apparel!  You saw the skort yesterday - it is the only skort I own and I have had it for a while, but it is cool and comfortable for hot weather and the colors are perfect for the holiday.

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Love-the-Length Tank in Navy (similar to mine); Sue Runyon Designs Dark Red Three Bead Satin Cord Necklace (similar to mine); Great American Leatherworks Leather East/West Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available); Frye Lena Zip Low Sneaker in White (mine are similar but canvas); Liz Claiborne Liz Golf Red & Blue Print Skort (similar to mine).

Since I was on my own on the 4th of July and spent the entire day at home, I chose a decidedly casual outfit for the day.  A new star-spangled lightweight t-shirt was worn with faded denim ankle jeans early in the day and for barn chores, and I changed into a pair of comfortable crinkle cotton red shorts and cork flip flops for lounging around the house when the weather warmed up (I often buy men's shoes because smaller men's sizes fit my feet well and they are usually better made than women's versions).

Clockwise from top left: Old Navy Women's Americana Star Print Tee in Multi Stars (no longer available); Gap Mid Rise Girlfriend Jeans in Faded Indigo (similar to mine); GEORGE Men's Cork Flip Flops in Tan (no longer available); Haband Women's Crinkle Cotton Shorts in Hot Red (mine are similar but shorter).

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

So that was my low-key holiday - how was yours?  We are in for an even hotter week, up into the low 100s by the weekend if the weather forecast is accurate.  Summer is my least favorite season and I am not looking forward to the hotter temperatures, but thankfully we have air conditioning and I can turn it on if necessary.  It looks like there will be quite a few indoor jigsaw puzzle-working days in my near future!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment