May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Friday, August 30, 2019

Foodie Fridays: Pulled Chicken Barbecue Naan Bread Pizza


I have been making naan bread pizzas on a regular basis, and have had this idea for a barbecue chicken version in the back of my mind for a while.  I finally had the time and the ingredients to actually test out my idea, and I am delighted with the results!

Because I am so busy preparing for my move at the end of September, I used a lot of convenience foods to keep the process simple, but at some point I will make my own version of shredded chicken for this recipe.  I am allergic to red meat, but if you have pulled pork or beef then by all means substitute one or the other for the chicken if you like!

I wanted to use a barbecue sauce that was not overly sweet, which is hard to find, so I added the peanut sauce to try to tone down the sugary flavor.  Feel free to use your own favorite barbecue sauce.  Smoked mozzarella is one of my favorites cheeses and is fantastic on this pizza, but I think any smoked cheese would probably work.

This quick and easy meal combines the flavors of pizza and barbecue, which should please just about anyone you need to feed (and if not, then that just means there is more for you!).

Pulled Chicken Barbecue Naan Bread Pizza

1 container (12 oz.) Curly's Sauceless Roasted & Seasoned Pulled Chicken
1/3 C. plus 4 T. Jim Beam Southern Tang Barbecue Sauce
2 tsp. House of Tsang Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce
2 T. olive oil
2 bell peppers (any color), sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 2-pack (8.8 oz.) Stonefire Naan (I used whole grain)
8 oz. smoked mozzarella, cut into slices

Heat the chicken according to package directions.  Combine the 1/3 C. barbecue sauce with the peanut sauce and stir into the chicken until well combined.  Set aside.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the sliced peppers and onions and cook until they begin to soften.  Lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are soft.

Place the naan breads on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Spread each naan with a thin layer of barbecue sauce, about 2 T. on each one.  Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the two breads.  Divide the vegetable mixture evenly between the two breads.  Top each naan with the smoked mozzarella, spacing the slices as evenly as possible.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes, until each pizza is heated through and the mozzarella has melted.  Remove from the oven and cool slightly before cutting each pizza in half.  Serves 4.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment