May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: Summer Weekend Travel Wardrobe Based on Outfits that Caught My Eye at Albuquerque's Sunport International Airport

Cabi Camilla Shirt Dress in White Animal Print
(this dress is not black and white like the inspiration dress,
but the style and print are similar).

One of my favorite pastimes at the Sunport International Airport in Albuquerque while I am waiting for my return flight back to Georgia is to keep an eye out for the most interesting travel outfits.  On my most recent trip I was at the airport several hours before my flight, so I had plenty of time to look for my favorites, but I almost missed the one that really caught my eye because the woman wearing it did not show up until I was standing in line to board my own flight.  Of course what really got my attention was the dress she was wearing (similar to the one shown above) because it had a Dalmatian print pattern and I am a dedicated Dalmatian lover.  The wearer also added a unique crossbody bag in color blocks of olive, red, and turquoise, plus turquoise and tan sandals.  The combination was so striking, and the outfit looked so cool and comfortable, that I decided to use this woman's outfit as the inspiration for a summer weekend travel wardrobe.

Here are the items to wear/carry in transit:

Clockwise from top left: North River North Park Polarized Sunglasses; Coldwater Creek Short Story Sweater Shrug in Turquoise; Earth Spirit Sterling Silver and Blue Turquoise Cuff Bracelet; SwissGear Travel Gear 6283 17" 2-Wheeled Carry-On in Teal; Rebels Joy Suede Leather Slide Sandals in Turquoise; Cabi Camilla Shirt Dress in White Animal Print; Center: ILI World Handbag 6097 in Citrus.

The apparel to be packed were selected based on two other outfits that I noticed at the airport.  One outfit was a combination of a black and white geometric print tunic top plus white ankle pants, while the other included a striking black and white southwestern print cardigan, white top, and black pants.  My addition of an extra top, a few more accessories, and more Dalmatian print on a summery short pajama set rounds out the items packed for a quick weekend getaway:

Clockwise from top left: 14th & Union Arden Leather Wristlet in Black; SilverTribe Turquoise and Sterling Silver American Indian Bead Necklace; ZAFUL Geometric Graphic Open Cardigan in Black (sold out); Eileen Fisher Stretch Cotton Tank in White; Halogen Ankle Pants in Black; PrettyLittleThing Short Satin Pyjama Set in White Dalmatian Print; Lori Loafers in Turquoise; Chico's Brigitte Slim Ankle Pants in Alabaster; Little Luxury Islands Exclusive Geometric Print Tunic in Black and White; Center: Eileen Fisher Stretch Cotton Shell in Black.

While most of the items are in basic black and white, the addition of turquoise as an accent color plus the colorful color-blocked handbag keep this wardrobe from looking boring.  While I rarely wear black in the summer (it makes me feel too hot), even I would be tempted to travel with this selection of clothing!

✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

I will be leaving for another trip this week, to Pittsburgh for a special reunion, so once again my posts will be sparse and sporadic for a while.  I still have an accessories post to finish for a previous wardrobe, which I will try to do when I return, but my big move to New Mexico is coming up fast so I am not sure when I will be able to get back to a regular posting schedule.  I will check in periodically, however, and once I am settled in to our New Mexico home I should be able to post more predictably.  I hope you are all having a great summer!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment