Sunday, June 2, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: New Mexico Weekend Travel Wardrobe Inspired by a Fellow Traveler


I am not going to post a description of my travel wardrobe for a recent trip to New Mexico, mostly because I only took clothes suitable for either casual plane travel or doing grubby yard work - the former you have seen in some of my previous posts, and the latter are not really apparel that I need to share!  Instead, I took my inspiration for this post from an outfit worn by a woman I saw at the Albuquerque International Sunport while waiting for my return flight home.  Her clothes were casual, but there was a stylish simplicity to her outfit that caught my attention.  Below is the outfit she wore, as closely as I could match it:

Clockwise from top left: Eileen Fisher Undyed Organic Cotton Blend Oversized Trucker Jacket in Undyed Natural; Eileen Fisher Slubby Organic Cotton Tee in Corn Flower; Alltribes Turquoise Inlaid Sterling Cuff in Navajo Rug Pattern; AmeriLeather Odyssey 21" Upright Carry-On in Turquoise; Carlos by Carlos Santana Brie Ankle Booties in Doe; Vaalbara Katama Clara Clutch; Center: Eileen Fisher High-Waist Tapered Jeans in Soblu.

I took some liberties with accessories, since I did not see those details of my inspiration traveler's outfit.  I could not find a handbag similar to the one she was carrying, so I chose one vaguely similar in style but with more color and a southwestern look.  This bag added one more hue to the mix, an orange-red which brings a definite punch of color to an otherwise subdued palette.  I took my cue for the rest of the travel wardrobe from this colorful handbag, and selected these items for this New Mexico weekend getaway trip:

Clockwise from top left: Zuni Turquoise Fetish Necklace by Deborah Gasper; Mango Linen T-Shirt in Off White; Mango Panel T-Shirt in Red; Uniqlo Women Soft Stretch Short Sleeved Pyjamas in Light Green;
Alltribes Silver Buffalo Handmade Cuff Native American Bracelet; Roots Women's Kensington Sandal in Pearl; Everlane The Day Glove Shoe in Red; Eileen Fisher Straight-Fit Front Pleated Sleeveless Dress in Red Lory; Center: Eileen Fisher Tapered Ankle Jeans in Ivory.

❯❯❮❮❯❯❮❮❯❯❮❮❯❯❮❮❯❯❮❮❯❯❮❮

Hopefully once I make the move to our Santa Fe house I will be able to travel stylishly once again, but for the near future I'm afraid my travel wardrobe will be strictly functional (I have a lot more outdoor work to do before I move my horse!).  Luckily, many of my fellow travelers are able to select delightfully chic outfits for their trips, and I look forward to being inspired by them again!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment