Sunday, June 9, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: Neutral Palette 4x4 Basic Wardrobe for a Mild Summer

Topshop Graphic Palm Print Bowler Shirt

Lately my wardrobe posts have featured very colorful combinations, so I decided to go quite neutral for a change with today's offering.  I used the palm print shirt shown above as my inspiration for the color palette.  The resulting wardrobe is suitable for a cooler climate summer, but may be a bit too warm for later in the season in more southern locations unless it is an especially mild year.  This is the sort of wardrobe I would choose if I were able to resist my penchant for bold and vibrant colors - I know that is unlikely to ever happen, but I still enjoyed pulling this collection together!

Let's start with the first set of four, based on a pair of ivory-colored jeans (something that I could never actually wear without attracting stains almost immediately - I do envy women who can wear light-colored clothing and keep them clean!):

Clockwise from top left: Topshop Graphic Palm Print Bowler Shirt; L.L. Bean Women's Short-Sleeve U-Neck Organic Cotton Tee in Classic Black; Uniqlo Women Super Geometric George Sowden UT (Short Sleeve Graphic T-Shirt) in White; GANT Women's Slim Ecru Jeans.

The next set of four starts with black ankle pants, which even I can wear without fear of stains:

Clockwise from top left: Boden Robyn Jersey Tee in Leopard; L.L. Bean Women's Short-Sleeve U-Neck Organic Cotton Tee in Sailcloth; Coldwater Creek Destinations II Illusion Print Tee in Black/Ivory; Paul Smith Women's Black Stretch-Cotton Skinny-Fit Pants.

I love a nice pair of olive green pants in the summer, so this color is featured in the third set of four:

Clockwise from top left: L.L. Bean Women's Short-Sleeve Print Signature Knit V-Neck Tee in Ink Black; prAna Women's Cozy Up T-Shirt in Cargo Green Heather; Boden Long Sleeve Breton in Ivory/Black; prAna Women's Essex Pant in Cargo Green.

The final set of four includes fun gauchos, plus a comfortable dress for those occasions when pants just won't do:

Clockwise from top left: Tritons Wallis Petite Palm Border Shell Top; Tritons 3/4 Sleeve Lace Insert Openwork Blouse in Black; Island Trends Tribal Elbow Sleeve Tie Front Dress in Ebony; NorthStyle Flowy Knit Gauchos in Black.

And here is the complete neutral palette 4x4 basic wardrobe for a mild summer:


Next week I will post the accessories for this collection.  After that, knowing me, I will probably go back to more colorful wardrobes - we shall see!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment