May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Navy, Tan, and Copper Weekend Travel Wardrobe

Coldwater Creek Oh Deer Tunic in Midnight Navy

The lovely Oh Deer Tunic from Coldwater Creek shown above was the inspiration for this week's travel wardrobe.  September seems to be a popular month for weekend festivals, and I envision wearing this collection to an arts and crafts fair, preferably with a nature theme!  I am obsessed with copper jewelry lately, which is the reason for the addition of copper accessories.  Navy with tan is a classic combination, and although the shade of tan I chose is a bit darker and warmer than expected I actually prefer it.  This is the time of year when temperatures can be unpredictable even on the same day, with cool mornings giving way to very warm afternoons, so I have chosen tops with varying sleeve lengths to give more options depending upon the weather.

Here is the outfit to wear in transit:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Oh Deer Tunic in Midnight Navy; Uno Alla Volta Curtis and Sheron's Upcycled Copper Horse Cuff;  Coldwater Creek Wild Montana Skies Raincoat in Navy Multi; L.L. Bean Medium Sportsman's Spinner Pullman in Navy; Coldwater Creek Tri-Color Leather Bag by Pikolinos in Navy Multi; Sperry Women's Angelfish Boat Shoes in Navy; Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chinos in Sierra Clay.

The patterned raincoat with the print shirt may be a bit much, but I could not resist that design.  If space is at a premium in my suitcase I would pack the flat shoes and wear the booties, but I prefer to wear flats if possible when in transit as I am less likely to trip on my own feet that way!  Normally I do not wear jewelry when getting on a plane because of the metal detectors, but I sometimes make an exception for cuff bracelets.  They are easily removed and stashed in a purse for the security check and then retrieved and put back on when proceeding to the gate.  I recently purchased this bracelet and it fits like a dream, so I am sure I will be wearing it the next time I travel!

Now for the rest of the wardrobe to be packed:

Clockwise from top left: Enchanted Leaves Large Copper Hedgehog Necklace; Coldwater Creek Classic Cardigan in Navy; McKee Jewelry Designs Copper Hammered Hoop Earrings (no longer available); Coldwater Creek Mancos Mesa Knit Tunic in Multi; Coldwater Creek Free-n-Easy Knit Maxi Skirt in Navy; Coldwater Creek Suede-Touch Stretch Tee in Tan; L.L. Bean Everyday Lightweight Clutch in Bright Navy; Coldwater Creek "Zena" Suede Boots by Adam Tucker in Navy; Coldwater Creek Austin Gardens Free Spirit Pants in Navy Multi; Coldwater Creek "Kachina" Suede Flats by Walk With Me in Cinnamon; Coldwater Creek In Full Swing Sweater in Navy; Coldwater Creek Seasonal Traveler Leather Belt in Tan; Coldwater Creek Lightweight Tailored Denim Trousers in Medium Wash; Coldwater Creek Linen-Touch Tunic Sweater in Sierra Clay; Center clockwise from left: Handmade Verdigris Patina Horse Head Embossed Copper Pendant Necklace; Handmade Patina Horse Head Embossed Copper Earrings; Coldwater Creek Love-the-Length Tank in Navy; L.L. Bean Women's Short-Sleeve U-Neck Organic Cotton Tee in Sailcloth.

This looks like a lot of apparel, but there are more small accessories than I usually include, so those items will not take up much room (and that hedgehog necklace is on my wish list!).  One pair of shoes could also be left out if necessary.  This wardrobe includes a skirt in case dinner at a nice restaurant is planned, but if, after a full day spent participating in festival activities, a leisurely dinner in the hotel room sounds more enticing then the lounge pants and comfy tee would be perfect.

👜👖👢👕👜👖👢👕👜👖👢👕👜👖👢👕👜👖👢👕👜👖👢👕

This wardrobe makes me want to pack up and head out for another trip - I think I will check to see if there are any fun festivals coming up in Georgia this month!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment