May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Thursday, September 13, 2018

This 'n That Thursdays: A Few Treats I Have Been Enjoying This Summer

From The Good Samaritan Health Center

Summer will (hopefully!) be cooling down and tapering off into autumn soon, so I thought today would be a good day to list some of the treats I have been enjoying this summer.  All of them can be eaten any time of the year, but I have found the following four foods and beverages to be especially delightful during the height of summer.  Here is my list:

1) Kroger Naturally Flavored Lemon-Lime Seltzer Water


On a really hot day, a tall glass of this refreshing zero-calorie carbonated beverage over ice really hits the spot!

2) Hail Merry Meyer Lemon Cups


I really love refreshing citrus flavors when the weather is sweltering, and these luscious little lemon cups (available at our local Publix) are the perfect summer dessert.  They taste just like lemon bars but are relatively low-carbohydrate treats as they contain no flour (my definition of low-carb is less than 20 grams per serving).  Best of all, one package (2 pieces) is one serving, so if you are feeling indulgent you can eat both without guilt, but if you are feeling virtuous eat one and save the other for another time!

3) Old Barrel Tea Company Loose Leaf Coconut Black Tea


Even when the summer weather is stifling, I still like to sip hot tea for breakfast.  I no longer sweeten my tea, and lately I have switched from tea bags to loose leaf tea because the flavor is so much more intense.  I discovered this loose leaf coconut tea when we were in Santa Fe, and it is the best that I have found.  By adding some light cream my morning beverage becomes a truly indulgent treat.

4) KIND Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt Bars


My husband recently brought home a box of these bars, which are easily found in most supermarkets.  I tried one the other day and I am hooked!  Relatively low in carbohydrates, these intensely chocolatey bars are chock full of crunchy nuts.  Put one in the fridge to enjoy later as a cool and satisfying snack.

🍸☕🍫🍪🍸☕🍫🍪🍸☕🍫🍪🍸☕🍫🍪🍸☕🍫🍪🍸☕🍫🍪

These are four of the treats I have been savoring this summer.  Do you have any favorite summer indulgences?  Now I need to focus on finding some fabulous flavors for fall!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment