May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Thursday, September 27, 2018

This 'n That Thursdays: Pumpkin Spice Everything!

Images from Food Network, Republic of Tea, and Walmart

Now that summer is over and my search for new favorite fall flavors has begun, I noticed that Food Network has compiled a list of 65(!) 2018 pumpkin spice products available to try right now.  Since I do like this blend of spices, I intend to sample at least some of them.  Here is my list of the items I have either already bought or hope to find/purchase in the near future:

  1. Thomas' Pumpkin Spice Bagels (I have already tried these and love them, although they are too sweet for me to eat on a regular basis)
  2. Thomas' Pumpkin Spice English Muffins (ditto for these)
  3. Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
  4. Williams Sonoma Spiced Pumpkin Braising Sauce (savory rather than sweet - yes!)
  5. KIND Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice Bars
  6. Siggi's Pumpkin & Spice Yogurt
  7. Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Milano Cookies (I rarely eat cookies any more, but I think I will make an exception for these)
  8. Pumpkin Pie Perfect Bar (I don't know if this is available locally, but I will look)
  9. The Republic of Tea Pumpkin Spice Black Tea Bags (not on Food Network's list, but could this be the perfect pumpkin spice tea I have been searching for but have yet to find?)
  10. Fresh Express Pumpkin Panzanella Salad Kit (I could not find any links to this one, but I do hope it comes out soon!)
  11. Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel Squares
  12. Chobani Pumpkin & Spice Greek Yogurt (not on Food Network's list, but I have tried it and it is good)

Not surprisingly, most pumpkin spice edibles are sweet, and since I have drastically reduced my sugar intake for health reasons I cannot try all of the items on the Food Network list that might otherwise have tempted me.  I will sample the goodies I selected sparingly, however, and I will enjoy every limited bite!

Happy pumpkin spice season!
(from Kiwi Report)
             

No comments:

Post a Comment