March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Six New Additions to My Summer Wardrobe

From The Velvet Snout

Today I am sharing the six new items that I added to my summer wardrobe this year.  Half of them are from Coldwater Creek, which happens to carry apparel in the warmer colors that I prefer, the two sleeveless tops came from HomeGoods, and the colorful paisley pants were a relatively inexpensive splurge because I could not resist the rainbow hues in one of my favorite prints.

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Desert Scene Bistro Tunic in Sand Multi; Coldwater Creek Vintage-Washed Henley in Copper; Jones New York Non-Iron Sleeveless Easy Care Shirt in New Blue; Old Pueblo Traders Stretch Jeans in Abstract Paisley; Jones New York Non-Iron Sleeveless Easy Care Shirt in Black/White Stripe; Coldwater Creek Hidden Stretch-Waist Chino Crops in Copper.

All of the tops work well with the copper-colored chinos, and I was delighted to find summer-weight pants in one of my preferred colors that is normally only available in the fall.  Copper is a color that plays well with shades of denim blue, which is one of my summer neutrals.  The lightweight paisley jeans only really work well with the new blue top, but I have a generous collection of solid-colored tank tops and short-sleeved tee shirts in hues that will coordinate with these pants, so they fit into the summer wardrobe I already own quite well.

Next week I will share the apparel that I packed for my family reunion trip in June.  I included the two new sleeveless shirts, which are very comfortable and stand up to travel quite well.  For once I did not excessively overpack, which is quite an accomplishment for me.  I think my recent attempts to create a more cohesive wardrobe may actually be paying off!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment