Monday, July 23, 2018

On the Homefront: Patriotic Pups Red, White, and Blue Independence Day Table

Lady Liberty the Dalmatian is ready for some patriotic fun in the sun!

Since my blog break overlapped with the Fourth of July, I am only just now getting my holiday table posted on the blog, but it is definitely one of my favorites.  The Puppy Love Salad Plates I bought from The Company Store earlier in the year were perfect for my theme (I am trying to feature dogs in all of my tablescapes for this Year of the Dog).  Since the color scheme was patriotic red, white, and blue, I only used the Dalmatian and bulldog plates which had the right colors.  Here is the result:


Red cotton placemat; navy blue dinner plate (from Tuesday morning a few years ago); Puppy Love Salad Plate in red-striped Dalmatian design (from The Company Store); American Flag Star Dinner Napkin (from Pottery Barn); Pfaltzgraff Everyday Americana Flatware (from Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago) plus white-handled salad fork; blue goblet (from Target years ago); red stemless wine glass (from HomeGoods a few years ago).

This is the Puppy Love Salad Plate in the blue-striped bulldog design
(perfect for us, as my husband is on the faculty at the University of Georgia,
home of the Georgia Bulldogs).




A beautiful bouquet of blue hydrangeas in a red glass vase, flanked by
Dalmatians Uncle Sam and Yankee Doodle sporting patriotic top hats.

A large round red plastic tray is filled with a large white pillar candle and
glass beads in shades of blue, white, and clear for a patriotic centerpiece.
Navy blue and red salt and pepper shakers add to the color scheme.


My husband was in Brazil on the Fourth of July, so I did not go out of my way to create a special holiday dinner.  I got myself some grilled chicken from the local KFC, mixed up some prepackaged slaw mix with bottled coleslaw dressing and a little sweet pickle relish, and baked some leftover frozen hush puppies for my Independence Day dinner.  For dessert I had creamy white coconut yogurt with blueberries and red raspberries to add some holiday color to my meal's finale!

Independence Day Menu:

Grilled Chicken
Hush Puppies
Coleslaw
Coconut Yogurt with Blueberries and Raspberries

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

From Pinterest

I hope everyone had a fun Fourth of July, and that you are all enjoying your summer.  We are experiencing a relatively cool spell of weather at the moment, and I could not be happier!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment