Friday, July 27, 2018

Foodie Fridays: One Minute Pizza Sauce


If you suddenly get the urge to make a pizza and realize you have no pizza sauce in the house, it is quite easy to make your own!  The One Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe from The Healthy Home Economist website is quick to make and much less expensive than pre-made sauces in jars.  My version is only slightly modified, using ingredients I had on hand.  I always have tomato paste in the pantry, as well as olive oil, onion powder, and Italian seasoning, plus bottled minced garlic in the fridge.  I often keep pre-made pizza dough or crust in the house as well, so all I have to do is add my favorite toppings (sautéed mushrooms and onions as well as sliced black olives and lots of mozzarella cheese for me), bake according to the pizza crust directions, and start eating!

One Minute Pizza Sauce

12 oz. tomato paste
2 T. olive oil
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.  Refrigerate any leftovers for up to one week.  Makes enough sauce for one large pizza (6-8 servings).
             

No comments:

Post a Comment