Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wish List Wednesdays: Two Animal Print Tops from L.L. Bean


I was determined to keep clothing purchases to a minimum this year, but I have lost enough weight on the low-carb diet I started last year that I have been forced to replace a lot of apparel.  When I returned from New York I went through most of the items in my closet and donated quite a few that no longer fit.  I am now on a mission to replace some of the clothes I gave away (not all of them though, as I was overdue for a closet purge anyway!).

I have an obsession with animal-themed shirts lately, especially birds for some reason.  Many clothing websites had fabulous sales over Labor Day, and I recently purchased the Owl About You Tunic (above, now on sale for less than half price at $34.95!) from Coldwater Creek that I described in a previous post at a great discount.  I also found a couple of cute tops from L.L. Bean with wildlife prints, and decided to buy them during the Labor Day sale as well:


1) Signature Lightweight Duck Print Flannel Shirt in Darkest Gray ($64) - this may look like something an avid duck hunter would wear, but I really liked the colors and the print, and the cotton flannel is very soft as well as lightweight enough to wear indoors as well as outdoors.



2) Signature Deer Print Cotton Turtleneck in Fawn ($44) - this lightweight 100% cotton turtleneck has a comfortably loose neck and a cute deer print in warm autumn colors.

I had a chance to wear my owl tunic yesterday, as we had an unusually cool day after Irma left her mark on Monday (thankfully not as bad for us in northern Georgia as it was for most of Florida).  As the weather continues to cool off I look forward to wearing my new L.L. Bean purchases in the near future.  Here's hoping no more hurricanes decide to decimate our nation this season!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment