Saturday, September 30, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: Pantone Fall 2017 Fashion Color Finds and Personal Preferences

From Pantone

Now that the fall fashion season is well under way, I thought I would check to see what is available in any of the Pantone Fall 2017 Fashion Colors, which are based on the colors used by fashion designers for the 2017 New York Fashion Week.  I also decided to gauge whether or not each one suited my particular coloring.  While not all of them work for me, I was able to find apparel in all ten colors, so let's take a look!

I am not sure that the bright red-orange of Grenadine suits my complexion, but I do love its intensity:

Land's End Women's Cashmere Sweater in Bright Orange

Tawny port is a color I could wear, although for some reason I tend to overlook shades of burgundy when buying apparel:

L.L. Bean Signature Patchwork Fisherman Sweater Dress in Fire Brick

Pastels look too washed out on me, but pale pinks are certainly popular at the moment:

Land's End Women's Traditional No Iron Dress Shirt in Pale Pink

Much as I love the name, at first I thought I would have trouble finding anything in Butterum.  Then I realized that light tan suede fell into this category and found a number of items.  I would definitely wear this color:

Gap Suede Moto Jacket in Mission Tan

I am not a fan of navy blue.  Often navy apparel is so dark I cannot distinguish it from black.  However, Navy Peony is light enough so that you can actually see the blue, and even I would consider wearing it:

Coldwater Creek Vest For All Seasons in India Ink

Grey is another color of which I am not particularly fond, especially the lighter shades like Neutral Gray, but a pair of good trousers in this color can be a very versatile wardrobe addition for most people:

J. Crew Women's Italian Wool Campbell Traveler Trouser in Light Charcoal

I do love blue-greens, and would happily own clothing in this Shaded Spruce color:

L.L. Bean Women's ProStretch Fleece Vest in Spruce

Chartreuse is not my favorite color, but it does look good on me, and I could wear apparel in Golden Lime:

Coldwater Creek Shaker High/Low Pullover in Avocado

I think just about anyone would look good in the shade of blue called Marina:

L.L. Bean Women's Classic Cashmere Full-Zip Cardigan in Flag Blue

Mellow orange hues like Autumn Maple are not easy for many people to wear, but it does suit me and it is my favorite of the Pantone Fall 2017 colors:

Backcountry Women's Fjallraven High Coast Knit Sweater in Seashell Orange

🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶🔶

So what do you think?  Do any of these colors work for you?  And if these New York Pantone 2017 Fall Colors don't appeal to you, did you know that for the first time there is a second set based upon the 2017 London Fashion Week?

From Pantone

Perhaps you find the London colors more appealing?  Personally, I am still waiting for a rich, deep brown similar in hue to dark chocolate to make an appearance - maybe next year?
             

No comments:

Post a Comment