March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wish List Wednesdays: Villa Boréale Vacation

Exterior front

I need a vacation!  Since we did not get to go anywhere over the summer, I would love a winter getaway, and I think I've found the perfect spot.  Villa Boréale, located in the Charlevoix region of Quebec and built in 2015 by CARGO Architecture, is my idea of the perfect mountain cabin.  With four bedrooms and three bathrooms, this winter retreat was designed to accommodate up to fourteen people.  Even though it is located in a ski area and we don't ski, I would be perfectly happy to settle into this contemporary Scandinavian-style abode with a pile of good books and pots of hot tea in front of a crackling fire, venturing outdoors for some brisk walks in the woods periodically.  Let's take a look at more images:

Exterior side

Outdoor hot tub at night

Great room

Dining area

View of the outdoors from living-dining area

Same outdoor view from different angle

Kitchen

Mudroom

Master bedroom

Reading nook in master bedroom

One of the guest bedrooms

The bunk room

One of three bathrooms

❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️⛄️❄️

Everything about this cabin appeals to me, from the mountain location and contemporary style to the light-colored wood and light-filled interiors (although I would decorate with more color if it were mine!).  And after taking the photo tour, who wouldn't be longing for a mountain cabin winter vacation!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment