April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Thursday, November 3, 2016

This 'n That Thursdays: A Plethora of Pretty Pier 1 Purchases

From Pier 1.

My Christmas décor shopping started early this year at Pier 1!  They are already having a sale on some of their Christmas tableware, so I made a quick trip to our local store a couple of days ago and stocked up. Here is a look at all of my recent purchases:

1) Park Avenue Puppies Tray ($24.95) - adding to my Park Avenue Puppies purchases from last year (see my Christmas table using this collection here)




3) Park Avenue Puppies Dip Bowl ($7.95 each) - these would also make great cereal bowls


4) Park Avenue Puppies Dalmatian Dog Ornament ($5.95) - I can never resist anything Dalmatian!


5) Glass Dalmatian Dog Figurine Set ($17.95) - these are adorable!


6) Christmas Animals Salad Plate Set (on sale at $27.96 for a set of four) - I am obsessed with Pier 1's animal salad plate collections (see here and here)


7) Christmas Village Scenes Salad Plate Set (on sale at $27.96 for a set of four)


That last purchase is quite a departure for me, as I normally am not attracted to plates decorated with cityscapes.  However, these village scenes are just lovely.  Also, if you look closely at the plates, you can see that the design on the left features a pet store with a dog at each window, one of which is a Dalmatian!  I like the variety of colors too, because they will work well with so many different tablescape color schemes.

One caveat: The boxed plate sets I bought locally were not pristine.  The tape seals had been broken, and in one box flimsy paper separated the plates rather than corrugated cardboard.  Since selection was limited due to the sale I could not find any sealed boxes, so I went ahead and purchased the opened ones.  Be sure to check any store-bought purchases carefully to make sure the correct plates are in the box, and that nothing is damaged!

I still have my eye on a few Pier 1 items, including the Park Avenue Puppies Indoor/Outdoor Doormat (on sale at $39.95), European Glass Park Avenue Puppies Ornament ($14.95) which I did not see at our local store, and the Découpage Dalmatian Dog Art (on sale at $31.96) that was also unavailable at our store.  (I obviously have a Dalmatian obsession!)  All of these items can be ordered online, and if I get all three my order will qualify for free shipping (all orders over $49).

Merry Christmas shopping, everyone!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment