March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Overnight Brown, Beige, and Blue Travel Wardrobe


Two weekends ago my husband and I did a quick overnight trip to our Serenbe house near Atlanta.  We wanted to give the house a quick cleaning and weed the yard a bit, so of course my wardrobe was very casual (jeans and tee shirts), but I still wanted to pack apparel in coordinating colors.  The outfits worked well for me, so I decided to put together a similar overnight travel wardrobe style board for this post.  Most of the clothing shown below are similar to the ones I own rather than exact matches, since most of the items I packed are not new (with a few exceptions, namely the blue jeans, the sweater, and the purse):

Clockwise from top left: District Made Women's Perfect Weight Crew Tee in Espresso;  Acorn Favorite Cotton Sweater in Azure; Alfred Dunner Sanibel Island Tropical Tee in Turquoise; J. Crew Vintage Straight Leg Jeans in Ecru (this style no longer available, but similar jeans are available from Land's End); Great American Leatherworks Zip-Top Crossbody Bag in Dark Tan (no longer available in this color); Orvis Women's Marled Sweater Fleece Jacket in Bay Blue; Sperry 'Authentic Original' Women's Boat Shoe in Nutmeg/Sahara; Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Stretch-Fit Jeans in Stonewash Denim; Center: Neushop Corbi Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Seal Brown.

A few more items that came along on this trip were sleepwear and a favorite bracelet.  Instead of pajamas I prefer to don a t-shirt and lightweight knit capris at bedtime (you never know when you may need to leave the house in a hurry, and these items can pass as daytime apparel in a pinch!).  Because I am rarely cold, my slippers are not lined, unlike the moccasins shown below.  Finally, I like to wear one piece of jewelry when traveling, and it is usually a bracelet.  I own a black and silver cuff bracelet with a running horses design that is my current favorite, similar to the one shown below but much less costly!

Clockwise from left: Jockey Knit Sleep Pants in Taupe; District Made Women's Perfect Weight Crew Tee in Clean Denim; Wildlife Wonders Kabana 14K Gold /Sterling Silver Running Horse Cuff Bracelet; L.L. Bean Women's Oceanside Shearling Moccasins Slipper in Dark Brown.

All in all we had a good time on our trip.  The weather was perfect, we got a lot done around the house, and we got to reconnect with the Serenbe neighborhood, which truly is a special place.  The only downside was that I had one of the worst dinners of my life at a Newnan barbecue restaurant we had never tried before, but it was so bad it became a joke.  Every time we passed any restaurant or fast food joint on our way back I would say to my husband "We should have eaten there instead!"  Sometimes you have to find the humor in a bad situation, because it is always better to just laugh about it and move on (I am applying the same philosophy to this year's election).

Have a great weekend, and I hope you have the opportunity to do something fun.  Then get out and vote on Tuesday if you haven't already done so, because this is one right that we must not take for granted!

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves, and the only way they could do this is by not voting." (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
             

No comments:

Post a Comment