April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Charcoal, Copper/Caramel, and Cream 4x4 Wardrobe

Stein Mart Attyre New York Houndstooth Pencil Skirt in Multi.

This week I decided to build a 4x4 wardrobe around three basically neutral colors, inspired by the houndstooth check skirt shown above.  When I was in my teens I owned a similar skirt in navy, red, and rust, which I wore with a navy turtleneck sweater.  It was probably my favorite article of clothing back then, and to this day I have a fondness for houndstooth prints.


The skirt above has checks in black, rust, and white, but I decided to change the colors slightly.  Charcoal and cream are softer variations of the black and white, while copper/caramel shades add the dose of warm reddish brown.  Even without any accent colors, this selection of neutrals seems quite complete.

Let's start with the first set of four, which includes four pieces in charcoal:

Clockwise from top left: Mango Flecked Fine-Knit Cardigan in Dark Heather Grey; L.L. Bean Women's Long-Sleeve Crewneck Pima Cotton Tee in Charcoal Heather; L.L. Bean Women's Pima Cotton Cowlneck Tunic in Charcoal Heather; L.L. Bean Women's Slim-Leg True Shape Jeans in Charcoal.

The next set of four introduces the copper/caramel color (I love this shade, even though it was much harder to find):

Clockwise from top left: Mango Chunky-Knit Sweater in Copper; Capitollium Suede V-Neck T-Shirt in Caramel; Capitollium Long-Sleeve Suede Shirt in Caramel; Stein Mart Attyre New York Houndstooth Pencil Skirt in Multi.

Next up is a quartet of cream-colored apparel:

Clockwise from top left: Coldwater Creek Long-Sleeve Easy Care Shirt in Vanilla; L.L. Bean Women's Interlock Mock-Turtleneck in Cream; L.L. Bean Women's Three-Quarter Sleeve V-Neck Tee in Cream; Coldwater Creek Bi-Stretch Gallery Pants in Antique White.

The final set of four rounds out the wardrobe with a matching print top and pants, a dress, and a dressier pair of charcoal grey pants:

Clockwise from top left: Karl Lagerfeld Printed Crepe de Chine Top; L.L. Bean Women's Slim Perfect Fit Pants in Dark Grey Heather; Capitollium Suede T-Shirt Dress in Caramel; Karl Lagerfeld Printed Crepe de Chine Pants.

Putting everything together yields the following 4x4 wardrobe:


Much as I love color, I find this wardrobe to be quite satisfactory with just the three neutrals.  As always, however, a wardrobe is never complete without its accessories, so I will post my accessory choices for this collection next week!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment