April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Travel Wardrobe Inspired by Kurt Seligmann's Exotic Garden Painting


I mentioned the painting shown above, Exotic Garden by Kurt Seligmann, in my Wish List Wednesdays post earlier this week.  I was so taken by the bold flora and autumnal colors of this lovely work that I decided to create a travel wardrobe based on four of the colors in the painting (this idea was inspired by The Vivienne Files "Start with Art" concept):


Of course I had to include the shawl described in my Wednesday post, as well as a tote and weekender bag in the same design available from The Art Institute of Chicago Museum Shop.  (I also selected all of the amber jewelry from the museum shop as well.)  I think this wardrobe would be perfect for a fall trip to a favorite big city to visit museums and/or a botanical garden or conservatory, plus perhaps a play in the evening and some fine dining at fancy restaurants as well!

These are the items I selected for the flight to the chosen destination:

Clockwise from top left: Organic Amber Flower EarringsExotic Garden ShawlExotic Garden ToteDorothy Perkins Tan 'Megan' Slouch BootsH&M Crêped Pants in Black; Mango Flowy Blouse in Caramel.

The packed wardrobe would include the following pieces (the bag shown is probably not quite big enough for everything, but I had to include it!):

Clockwise from top left: Amber Flower Necklace; Seligmann Weekender Tote; Amber Woven Bracelet; H&M Textured Cardigan in Black; Kobe Silk Top in Black; High-Waisted Stretch Wool-Crepe Trousers in Turmeric Yellow; Coldwater Creek Knit-Waist Linen Pants in Cypress; Aerosoles Women's Fashionista Ballet Flats in Black Leather; Serengeti Cuffed Knit Top in Rust; Serengeti Reversible Garden Skirt; H&M Off-the-Shoulder Blouse in Khaki Green; Center top: H&M Ribbed Sweater in Yellow Melange; Center bottom: H&M Silk-Blend Top in Black.

I almost forgot to include a smaller bag for times when the big tote is not practical.  The bag I would choose is the Sak Pax Swing Pack in Black Onyx, which is small enough to easily fit into the tote:



🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Now my fall wardrobe for a fun trip to the city is complete.  I am really looking forward to the time when the weather is cool enough to wear a wardrobe like this one comfortably.  Summer has more than worn out its welcome for me at this point!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment