|A weathered metal bucket filled with autumn branches|
(from Upcycle Art).
We are just starting to notice a hint of autumnal coolness in the air here, and I am so ready for my favorite season to arrive. I decided to take a look at some simple ways to add a touch of fall décor to the home, just to put myself in the mood. The following photos are a few of the ideas I found.
1) A bittersweet wreath hung on a rustic outside wall:
|From Inner Interior.|
2) A slate blue door adorned with a sunflower swag:
3) An ebony and white staircase lined with two rows of white pumpkins:
4) A very contemporary room warmed up with accents in autumnal shades of brown and pumpkin orange (I love that fireplace surround):
|From Couture Colorado.|
5) A fireplace mantel given the simplest of autumnal touches with a white pumpkin painting:
|From Jones Design Company.|
6) A cozy reading nook readied for the season with the addition of an autumn-hued pillow, orange flowers, and a cup of tea:
7) One corner of a country kitchen decorated with pumpkins, an old coffee pot filled with fall branches, and a big basket of warm blankets:
|From The Tale of an Ugly House.|
8) Glass canisters filled with nuts and a pinecone add a hint of fall to a kitchen counter:
|From Tips, Treats & Treasures.|
9) Two rectangular trays filled with gourds, leaves, and bittersweet top an otherwise unadorned dark wood dining room table:
|From The Desert Blossom.|
10) If you are lucky enough to live in a place where fall foliage is spectacular, just a pot of mums and an arrangement of fall produce on an outdoor table amid a scattering of fallen leaves and a backdrop of autumnal trees is all you need:
All of these photos definitely put me in the mood for the cool, crisp days of fall! How about you?