April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Spring/Summer Travel Wardrobe

From STYLEBOP

My obsession with wardrobe style boards continues, so I will be adding a new blog post every weekend (until I lose interest) focusing on this topic.  This week I put together a travel wardrobe based on the tee shirt above.  I love the colorful pastel bird design on this top, so even though the price is ridiculous I decided to use it as my inspiration.  Yellow, blue, pink and white on a pale blush background provide the color palette.  The Vivienne Files often features travel wardrobe style boards, broken down into what to wear while in transit and what to pack, so I did the same.  I often create interior design style boards by selecting items from just one source, so I decided to have fun and challenge myself by doing the same here, selecting only apparel and accessories from STYLEBOP.  Do try to ignore the prices, as they are all pretty outrageous (I never said this would be an affordable wardrobe!).

Let's start with the clothes that will be worn while in transit:

Clockwise from top left: Missoni Textured Knit Shell; Agnona Cashmere Scarf; Victoria Beckham Leather City Bag; Michael Kors Collection Cashmere Cardigan; Carolina Bucci Gold-Plated Twister Bracelet in Yellow; Superga 2750 Cotu Classic Sneakers; Tara Jarmon Culottes.

And now for the items to pack:

Clockwise from top left: Paul & Joe Pineapple Pendant Necklace; Theory One Button Blazer in Admiral Crepe; Velvet Cotton T-Shirt; Giambattista Valli Bouclé Skirt; Closed Cotton T-Shirt; Theory Slim Straight Leg Trousers; Repetto Cendrillon Leather Ballerinas; Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Striped Dress; Center: Emilio Pucci Printed Cotton T-Shirt.

I am particularly taken with the bouclé skirt in this collection for some reason, even though I almost never wear skirts (the picture makes it look short, but it hits just above the knee, which I consider to be a comfortable length).  If you are worried that the blazer would get too wrinkled when packed, simply pack the blue cardigan and wear the blazer in transit.  By the way, for some great travel packing tips check out the post here.

And speaking of packing, here is a bonus find from STYLEBOP as a luggage option:

Karl Lagerfeld Karl Around the World Weekender

Even though the bag is black, the colorful embellishments complement the clothes nicely!

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

This would be a great wardrobe for a long weekend at a coastal location.  While this is not my favored color palette and I am not especially fond of the coast, I would be happy in these clothes, and would even consider them for a trip to the desert southwest (New Mexico is my favorite travel destination).  I think it's time to start planning a trip!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment