April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekend Wardrobe: Mint Green and Indigo Blue Travel Wardrobe

From Click4Bargain

Last week, while driving into town to run errands, I spotted a lovely young woman walking on the side of the road dressed in quite an eye-catching ensemble of mint-green peplum jacket with dark indigo skinny jeans.  The outfit suited her lean curves and long legs perfectly, and the mint green was a wonderful complement to her cocoa-colored complexion.  This pretty lady's attire inspired the color combination for this week's travel wardrobe post, starting with the "in transit" outfit:

Clockwise from top left: Ladies Zip Peplum Blazer in Mint; Kate Spade New York 'Shawna' Sunglasses in Pale Mint; Jacqueline Rousseau Shibori Chambray ScarfAJ Faux Leather Shopping Bag in Tan; Donald J Pliner 'Dian' Leather Thong Sandal in Natural Burnished Calf; Iris and Ink Luna Printed Silk Top; Center: Boden Skinny Jeans in Indigo.

I only had a fleeting glimpse of my inspiration woman's outfit, so I do not know what top, shoes, and accessories she wore.  However, that jaguar print shirt really caught my eye with its great color combination and powerful animal pattern, so I had to go with it (I think she would approve).  The scarf is supposed to be for men, but I thought it looked just right with this ensemble.

You may have noticed that I chose leather wedge sandals for this outfit rather than more comfortable shoes.  That is because I believe this stylish woman would undoubtedly be perfectly happy, confident, and comfortable even in heels like this:

From V-Luxury

However, just looking at that ankle-breaker makes me wince with pain, so I am afraid that, on my style boards, she will have to resign herself to the more sensible options I have selected.  The wedge sandals are my compromise on heels of any sort.  Of course, she may decide to choose comfort over fashion and wear the sneakers or flats from the "what-to-pack" collection instead, stowing the sandals to wear once she arrives at her destination:


Clockwise from top left: George Double Compartment Crossbody Bag in Green; Necklush Mint Green Scarf; Chinese Porcelain Bead Necklace and Bracelet; Coldwater Creek SS Linen Camp Shirt in White; Orcival Breton-Stripe Cotton T-Shirt; Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Pencil Skirt in Dark Ocean; Steve Madden Klaraa Flat in Navy Leather; Topshop Knitted Tank Top in Blue; Keds Champion Women's Oxford Shoes in Brooke Green; The Blue Door Boutique Mint Ankle Pants;  Ricki's Extended Shoulder Cowl Top in Honeydew Print; Center top: Topshop Colourblock Lace Tank in Blue; Center bottom: Topshop Metallic Bandage Bralet in Mint.

I was all over the internet looking for just the right shades of mint and indigo for this wardrobe.  My most interesting find was the metallic mint green bralet, which I thought would work well as a layer under the tank tops in case the arm holes were too revealing, or with the camp shirt to add a touch of color (and of course the more daring among us might opt to wear it on its own).

A carry-on bag is a necessity for travel, and I found one in the perfect color (even though it is labelled as "turquoise", it looks more like a slightly darker shade of mint green to me):

Travelers Club Modern 20-Inch Hardside Spinner
Carry-On Luggage in Turquoise.

👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗

I'm sure the woman who inspired this collection is much bolder than I am when it comes to fashion, but I believe she would find at least some of my choices interesting, and maybe even acceptable!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment