Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wish List Wednesdays: Big Green Egg

From Capitol Pools

The Big Green Egg is on my wish list, but not for me.  Rather, I want my husband to get one, since he does all of the grilling (I am not and never will be a griller). Made of ceramics rather than metals, the Egg is much more heat efficient that most charcoal grills, as well as being safer and more durable.  Since we prefer charcoal to gas grills, this one would be perfect.  There are several sizes, but a medium-sized one would probably do for us.  At about $600 (plus the additional cost of accessories), this Big Green Egg is not cheap, but it should last a lifetime, and can be used as a grill, a smoker, and even an oven.

I recently watched an episode of "Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction" in which he made two fish dishes (plus sausages) on a Big Green Egg.  One was halibut, which is a fish I happen to love, but the other was a salmon recipe that looked so good I would eat it -- and I don't even like salmon!  I know my husband could make this dish just as well as Bobby Flay if he had an Egg, and the Big Green Egg website has so many more recipe suggestions.  Who knows, I may never have to cook again!

Bobby Flay next to his Big Green Egg (from Food Network).
             

No comments:

Post a Comment