April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

This 'n That Thursdays: Crazy Colorful Kitchen Backsplashes

By iç mimarlik on Flickr

When I saw the Patchwork Tile in the kitchen photo above I just knew I had to check out the craze for playfully colorful backsplashes.  This kitchen is especially great because the homeowner was not afraid to go bold with the cabinet color as well, and the fun accessories on the small shelf below the upper cabinets add even more fun to the space.  Here are some other examples of bright and beautiful backsplashes:

From Villa Lagoon Tile

From In Seven Colors

From Oscar & Izzy

From Personal Style Honey

From Trend Kitchen Cabinets

From Design Sponge

From Modwalls

From Susan Jablon

From Mosaic Tile Mania

From This Old House
From Omega Glass

Now I am faced with a real dilemma.  When I finally get to add more color to my kitchen, do I go with my favorite kaleidoscopically colorful countertop, or do I install a bold, bright, and beautiful backsplash like the ones above?  Dare I do both?  And will my husband be able to live with so much color?  Thank goodness I don't have to decide right away!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment