March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: I Am Curious (about) Yellow

From House to Home

Back in the sixties an avant-garde movie oddly named "I Am Curious (Yellow)" (1967) caused much consternation in the nation.  Considered very risqué at the time, about all that it is remembered for now is that quirky title.  While I was a bit too young then to have any interest in this movie, I am curious now about the color yellow, especially in interior design.  Yellow has been selected as Asia's 2012 Color of the Year, so I am obviously not the only one who is intrigued by this vibrant hue.  However, yellow has always been one of the most difficult colors for me -- I like it, but have a hard time trying to figure out how to use it in my house.  I prefer bold, bright, in-your-face, dazzle-the-eyeballs yellow to more subtle shades, which may be part of my problem.  I don't think I am ready to completely saturate a room in yellow like the one above, although I adore the wallpaper.  Since some of my favorite flowers are bright yellow, and I frequently use them in flower arrangements to add just a touch of this color to my home:

From Easy Home Tips
From Central Square Florist

I guess I just need to learn how to use this color correctly, and then perhaps I can add some of these eye-catching items to my rooms:

From Layla Grayce
From Domestic Modern
Yellow rugs

From Fab
From Inmod
Yellow pillows

From Passementerie
From Unica Home
Yellow seating

From My Best Furniture
From A2
Yellow furniture

From CB2
From Maison Bertet
Yellow accessories

The only thing I find curious now is why it has taken me so long to embrace the color yellow!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment