April 20th is Husband Appreciation Day!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Bold but Feminine Bedroom

From Katie Little Photography

I have never been an especially "girly" girl, but that does not mean I can't appreciate a more feminine design style.  In fact, I decided to create a style board for the sort of feminine bedroom that would appeal to me, just to prove that I could.  It is a room full of curves and floral patterns, with pink accents and dove grey walls. I did have to draw the line when it came to the color palette, though.  Pastels and soft, muted tones just don't work for me.  I prefer bold hues and high contrast -- hence the black and white color scheme with hits of hot pink:

Clockwise from top left: Hot pink silk pillow from Pillow Décor; Sardes Circular Platform Bed from Lynda Marconi; quilted pillow cover from paperaster on Etsy; Zoe Black Lacquer Oval Dresser with Mirror from BA-Style; Pierre Paulin Pumpkin Armchair from Ligne Roset; Elements Grant Dining Chair from AllModern; Southern Enterprises Belmont Oval Desk from Home Furniture Showroom; Damask fabric from momoftwoboysDesign on Etsy; City Slicker Hot Pink Side Table from CB2; Zoe Black Lacquer Oval Chest from BA-Style; Center: Damask Dog Bed from Dog Beds & Pet Beds Store; Center background: Flordely Wool Rug from Overstock.com; Background color: Dove Grey from Homebase.

Looking to add even more hot pink to this room?  Here's an idea -- hot pink cork flooring!

From The Assembly Hall

If pink is not for you, the accent color could easily be switched -- lemon yellow, turquoise, or even lavender would be equally good options.  I'm not quite ready to change my bedroom décor yet (I have a feeling that my husband would strongly object!), but if I were ever to crave a more feminine boudoir this would be it!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment