March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Foodie Fridays: Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli and Linguine

From Veggies on My Doorstep

I have been on a real pasta binge lately -- all I seem to want to eat for dinner is pasta!  I made Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli and Linguine earlier this week, and it was so delicious I just had to share the recipe.  Shrimp Scampi is incredibly quick and easy to make, and you can serve it over any pasta you like, or even rice.  I just happened to have whole wheat linguine, so that is what I used.  If you don't care for broccoli try another vegetable, such as summer squash or asparagus.  Parsley is usually the herb added, but I happen to love basil and it is quite abundant in the summer, plus it tastes great in this dish.  I hope you enjoy my version of this classic recipe.  Next week I will share another pasta creation -- the carbohydrate cravings continue!

Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli and Linguine

12 oz. linguine, cooked and drained
12 oz. broccoli florets, cooked
4 T. butter
4 T. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz. raw shrimp, shells and tails removed
2 lemons
1/2 tsp. salt
4 T. chopped fresh basil

Combine the cooked linguine and broccoli with a little oil in the large pot used for cooking the pasta.  Heat the butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.  Add the garlic, then the shrimp.  Grate the lemon zest from the lemons into the pan, then add the juice from both lemons.  Season with the salt.  Do not let the shrimp overcook.  Pour the shrimp mixture over the pasta and toss well to combine.  Stir in the basil and serve.  Serves 4.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment