March 14th is Save a Spider Day!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This 'n That Thursdays: The Color Purple

From China Daily

Despite the fact that lavender is my favorite herb, purple has never been one of my favorite colors.  Nevertheless, every so often I discover a purple object that I find oddly appealing.  Below are a few such objects -- these items might even convince me that purple has a place in my home!


There is just something about this purple Paolo Sofa from Sitcom Furniture that makes me happy -- the color, the style, and even the addition of the black and white leaf pillows all please my eye.  I could see decorating a living room around this sofa.


This lilac Astro chandelier by Metal Lux reminds me of a big beautiful allium flower.  I would be delighted to have one hanging in my dining room.


More purple flowers bloom on this glorious wool rug -- I think I sense a theme here!  It would look beautiful in the living room or master bedroom.


Speaking of the master bedroom, this purple bed in microsuede or velvet looks colorful, sleek, and comfortable -- a perfect choice for the room!


A final touch -- these vibrant purple Lumisource Scooper Bar Stools for the kitchen eating area.

I guess if there's one thing I've learned about interior design, it's "Never say never"!  The color purple could definitely find a place somewhere in my home in the form of any one of these items -- or maybe all of them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment