April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Friday, November 18, 2016

Foodie Fridays: Three-Ingredient Apricot Chicken


I found this odd but delightful little recipe on the Half Baked Harvest website, one of my favorite cooking blogs.  Instead of the bone-in pieces called for in the original recipe, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and they worked just fine.   I also tried to bake whole Brussels sprouts in the pan with the chicken, but they did not cook through.  I ended up fishing them out of the pan and microwaving them for five minutes, which did the trick.  Next time I will cut the sprouts in half and hopefully that will reduce their cooking time.  If you are looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe that is out of the ordinary, try this one!

Three-Ingredient Apricot Chicken

3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were about 2 3/4 lbs. total)
1 jar (10 oz.) apricot jam (I used Polaner All-Fruit)
1 bottle (16 oz.) Thousand Island dressing (I used Kraft)

Cut the chicken breasts in half widthwise and place in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.  Combine the jam and salad dressing in a medium bowl and stir together until smooth.  Pour over the chicken pieces.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.  Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.  Serves 3-6.

Note: You will have a lot of sauce left over, some of which you can serve over the chicken.  I microwaved some sweet potatoes and then mashed them with enough of the sauce to give a smooth and moist consistency.  The end result was delicious!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment